Sunday, May 4, 2008

Instant Mango Pickle


Instant Mango pickle is really one of my favourite Pickle.My grandmother used to prepare this in her own way,where nobody else can compete with her.The taste and the aroma of this pickle is simply superb while we eat this with combination with white rice and oil...the traditional way of eating pickle.This weekend my mom was ill and itz my turn to try recipes..n im da queen of my kitchen,so i thought of making this yummy n tangy one.

Ingredients:

1 Raw Mango

1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder

Salt to taste

For Powder:

6-7 Red chillies

1 tsp mustard seeds

1 tsp Fenugreek seeds

Pinch of Hing

Directions:

Cut the mango into small pieces and keep it aside.Heat oil in a pan,once oil heats add hing then add mustard and coriander seeds,once seeds starts spluttering add red chillies.Dont add Red chillies at first,it turns to black..n taste of the entire pickle changes.Now grind,and make as a kachha pachha powder where u shuld find some mustard seeds,dont make this as a smooth powder.

Now add the powder,turmeric and salt to the mango pieces

Mix it well and keep it aside for 6-7 hours...if u cant wait u can have at that time itself:)(which i usually do..!!).The more it preserves the more it tastes and it will remains for 5-6 days.

2 comments:

Cham said...

I make instant pickle too :)I got to try ur recipe which is fiery that i love !

Medhaa said...

my husband loves this pickle, but we make it less spicier. Love this with curd rice