Friday, May 2, 2008

Dondakaya Vepudu/Tindora Fry


I'm very new to cooking..n im learning all these recipes thru some books/blogs etc., :).My dad encourages me alot...though daa dish doesn't go well(i mean previously nobody ever dare to taste my dish includin me :)))but nanna used to taste dat n used 2 inspire me.

Dondakaya Vepudu is a quite common fry,i used to prepare which is one of nanna's fav..so i thought of add it too my recipe cart..

Ingredients:
Dondakaya/Tindora(tender)
Onions
Peanuts/Peanut Powder
Turmeric a pinch
Salt
Oil
Redchilli powder
Grated Coconut(optional)
Directions:
Cut Tidora,onions to ur required shape,keep it aside.
Heat Oil in a Frying Pan n add peanuts,onions accordingly.add turmeric to dis...then add Tindora also,let it fry for 7-10 min...cover with a lid and fry occassionally.once dondakaya changes da color..it signifies dat ur dish is almost ready.Add required salt,redchilli powder and grated coconut powder
Note:if u wanna add peanut powder then add it while ur add salt and keep for a while

7 comments:

Cham said...

Did u say ur new to cooking ? The way u cut the tindora in a very small size, i can say u ve passion 4 cooking! Glad that u like my recipes. Register ur site in TOI http://connect.sailusfood.com/ and suggest ur feed. Ur blog will be exposed to others! And u could learn lot from other great foodie

Cham said...

Past couple of weeks ( may be past 2 weeks TOI had some feed update problem) Mine will never get updated :( i got file many bug reports to them. Try to send ur feed suggestion morning India time , Sailu who own the TOI might do it!

Medhaa said...

Hi Sashree,
I tried to leave a message a few days back but could not, dont know why. anyways thats ok now.

Guess it is still not working, I do know that there is some trouble with the feeds there, but I think your name should be up there. Contact Sailu or why dont you send me the information like the address to your feed, let me see if the information is right and then go from there.

I Love Tindura in any form, looks yumm.

FH said...

Hi Shree,love the tindora dish.I occasionally get those veg in Indian stores here. Addition of peanuts is new, sounds great!:)

Pravs said...

I love tindora and a new recipe for me to try. You have done it well for a person who is new to cooking :)

Deepa Kuber said...

HI SASHREE, 1ST TIME AT UR BLOG.. U HAVE A GOOD COLLECTION OF RECIPES. I LOVED UR HEADER IMAGE :)BTW THANKS FOR UR NICE COMMENTS! IM GLAD U LIKED IT.

Madhavi said...

Hi..first time here, lovey recipes. Tindora recipe is very nice looks yummmm!!!