Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bisi Bele Bath





Bisi Bele Bath...I first time tasted this in my neighbors house..vidya,they are from karnataka.Vidya's mom is a master in preparing this and I like this very much in the very first time itself.Aunty used to send this dish each n every time she prepared,n sometimes used to invite us to their home.we'll have a nice time over there....I thought of preparing this today and see how'ld be my hand made recipe,n it turned out really but not as the one made by aunty.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup veggies(potatoes,carrot,beans etc)
1 cup Rice
1 1/2 cup Turdal
Tamarind juice as per taste
Salt as per taste
Oil reqired
Bisi Bele Masala
Chana Dal
Urad Dal
Dhaniya
5 Red Chillies
4 Cloves/Lavanga
2 Cinnamon/Dalchini
1/4 cup grated coconut
For Seasoning
4 Red Chillies
Curry Leaves
Peanut
Ghee
Directions:
Pressure cook Rice and Dal(either seperately or mixing both),add at the same time cook veggies also.I cooked all the three at the same time putting in different dishes,this will save your time.
Meanwhile take a pan and fry all the masala ingredients and grind them into fine powder.


Take a heavy bottomed vessel,mix mashed dal,rice,veggies.Now add 3/4 cup of water,tamarind juice,salt per your taste.
Atlast take a frying pan and make tadka/popu.
Add popu to rice and mix well.
Serve hot with ghee and dahi

4 comments:

Cham said...

Little different the masala but looks good ur bise Bhatt.. My fami fav, i too have my version

Medhaa said...

I love Bissi Bele Bath, yours is a bit different then I have learnt from My friend.

Sashree go check out my blog, you have some awards waiting...:)

Sagari said...

nice recipe sashree

Sum Raj said...

lovly entry ...thanks for sharing