Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Madatha Kaja(sweet rolls)in a diff look


I tried a very different recipe in a different way.I did Madatha Kajas...A very popular andhra sweet,Tapeswaram is very famous in doing madatha kajas.The difference is the shape of Kajas..Check my version of doing Madatha Kajas.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup-All purpose flour/Maida
3/4 tbsp-Baking Soda
Ghee
Rice Flour
Cardamon/Elachi Powder
Water
Oil

For Sugar Syrup
1 1/2cup- Sugar
1/2 cup-Water
Directions:
Mix maida,baking soda and elachi powder with water similar to chapathi dough.
Now make the as small balls...roll like chapathis.
Now on that add ghee and rice flour..make sure these should be distributed evenly and entirely.

Now roll the chapathi and cut into small rolls
Press the each roll with hand and make them flat
Heat oil a heavy bottomed vessel fry the rolls till it turns to golden brown color

Preperation of Sugar Syrup:
Meanwhile prepare syrup
In a vessel pour sugar and water.
Sugar melts and stir ocassionally...till there is thick consistency.
Atlast pour those fried rolls in the sugar syrup..make sure the syrup should be hot enough while ur transeferring rolls.
Take rolls from the syrup and serve.
Note:I want to make a diff shape,so i tried this.For actual kaja shape my mom told to cut the chapathi into ribbons and roll them carefully.

Happy Moments to Share
i got a few awards from my fellow bloggers.
First one....Uma and Hetal awarded me Rocking girl,thanx for ur awards dear.


They think im rocking...but u all people rocks and makes me rocking...hehehe.
By this time i hope everybody receives this award...i wanna pass this award to some of my friends,
the list is below.

I am Tagged by my dear friends Sireesha and Neha !!!!!!!!!!

1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATER?
the last movie I saw in theater was Kantri(Telugu one)........a very boring one :((

2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING?
Midnight Dreams by Sid

3) FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
First of all I dont like board games but to choose a few Chess,snake and ladder,TT

4) FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
Womens era..lotzz of gosipps,hehehe ;)...not very specific can go with anything

5) FAVORITE SMELLS?
loves the smell of earth while raining,sweet smell of Jasmine at night on a sunny day..we have jasmine palnt at our backyard..i luv them and my deo too...:)

6) FAVORITE SOUNDS?
Children laugh,soothing music,n alott

7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
i am ignored by the person i love

8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
"Let me sleep for few more minutes(hrs) mom...!!!",my everday dialog with my mom..hehehe

9) FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
alott girls..im completely street bie,eats alott of junk food n escapes my rotiune meal(mom scolds me on that)..to name a few Panipuri,fruit juices near to my home,icecreams at Yati,Subway,Coffeeday,McDonald and the list goes on.........

10) FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
Not Married yet...too early to think...LOL

11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D’
Build my dream home n car..shopping alotttttttt(c how many t's r there..;) ofcourse and to help financially some children for their studies

12)DO YOU DRIVE FAST?
Ocassionally..but i stopped driving now

13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
No.

14)STORMS–COOL OR SCARY?
Cool.

15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
No Car yet

16) FAVORITE DRINK?
Bru instant Coffee made by mom,Banana Juice(hmm..lot of calorie) n it depends

17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…
Plan to go for shopping,Sleep

18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
No

19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
Burgandi.

20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
Hyderabad.

21) FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
cricket,Tennis,F1 to name afew

22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Both of them known to me through her blog....they are wonderful and have a lovely blog.

23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
Let me check....hehehe...Nothing.

24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN??
Defintly Yes.......

25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL?
Morning Person.

26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
over easy

27) FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX?
My Home,and anyplace with my best friends..ill just relax there

28) FAVORITE PIE?
Not a pie-lover!!!!!!!!

29) FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
I love Chocolate, Butterscotch.

30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
Lemme see who'll respond n let u know..hehehe

I'l like to pass this awrd and meme to the below all.....
Medhaa
Cham
Dee
Sagari
Sailaja
Congratulations to you all

I got one more award by subha ravikoti,thanx alott for passing this award to me

Trip to Vizag:

Hurray a small trip to vizag and araku with friends.Planned alott..(mischeif..hehehe).I travelled most parts of India with my parents only,but if it comes with friends..that wuld be rocking right...!!There wont be any restrictions and we'll rock at vizag beach.I've been to vizag so many times..but this is very spl 'coz itzz wid friends.Looking fwd to enjoy alott.At the same time miss u alott friends..im leaving 2mrow and will be back on monday(i guess..not decided yet..hehehe).

Hope U all miss me tooooo......

18 comments:

Sailaja said...

Nice Kajas Sashree.
Thanks for thinking about me again.

Sailaja said...

Forgot to mention, Enjoy the Vizag. My favorite place in the entire world is Vizag. There is no other place like vizag for me :).
I will be there in Vizag soon.

Medhaa said...

Hi, they look great, never had them before.

Thanks again for the award.

Did You know that I came here through Tastes of India, but your name is Gromit... many of the feeds are coming through by this name, have to figure that out now, at least your posts show up now I guess thats a start...:)

Cham said...

Love ur sweet, looks yummy :) Congrats for ur award galore! Thanks Once again dear!

Uma said...

kaajalu chala bagunnayi, Sashree! Congrats on all your awards. Enjoy your trip to Vizag! I never been to Vizag! Tell me all about it!

Hetal said...

this recipe looks nice...

Andhra Flavors said...

great recipe, really looks different. I love madata kaaja.
find ur rocking award in my blog.

Madhavi said...

Wonderful recipe, looks great. Congratulations on ur awards & have a great time :))

ST said...

Sashree,kaajalu chala chala bagunnayi ! Nenu iintlo yepudu try cheyala.Congrats on all your awards.Nice reading ur meme. Nee gurunchi enka koni vishayalu telisaayi. Enjoy your trip to Vizag!Baaga Masti, Maja cheyandi!!! I have never been to Vizag! Tell me all about it!

FH said...

This is totally new sweet for me, looks beautiful S, good one dear!:))

Jamie said...

Sashree, I have never had Madatha Kajas before. They look great! And thanks so much for the Award and the MeMe tag, I love those things!

The first time I had Butterscotch Ice Cream was when I was in India about 5 years ago. I came back to the states and couldn't find it! Every time I go back, I make sure and have some. It's soooo good!

Jamie said...

Sashree, you've tagged me so I am tagging you right back! (it's another MeMe!) Check out my blog!

Dee said...

Sashree, chala thanks , You made my day dear, vizag trip enjoy cheyyi , nenu eppudo 7th class lo vellanu ...have fun!! Thanks a lot for making this day special!

Sum Raj said...

this looks delicious...will try this today itself..congrates on ur awards

Devi Priya said...

Nice recipe.

Vaishali said...

Sashree- I love this sweet. It sounds like it would also be easy to veganize. I've bookmarked it. Thanks for sharing a traditional recipe.

ARUNA said...

Dear Sashree, visitng ur blog for the first time......yummy kajas!!

Varun said...

Madatha kaja looks awesome...
Indian Sarees Online Shopping